Our Trainers can custom design their materials for your particular situation whether it’s showing administrators how best to implement Self-Determination in your county or state or teaching direct care staff how to implement and maintain individual budgets.
List of potential training topics
- The History of Self-Determination (Self-Determination as a Civil Rights Movement)
- The roles, responsibilities, reimbursement, and oversight of Fiscal Intermediaries, Independent Support Brokers, Independent Plan Facilitators, and Agencies With Choice.
- Income Generation for All (focus on Employment Initiatives)
- Succesful School Transitions (Youth in Transition)
- “Community First” Planning
- Alternatives to Day Programs/Sheltered Workshops
- The Value of Community (Promoting Volunteerism, Taking Classes, Joining Social Clubs)
- How to Become a Person-Centered Agency – Practical Steps That Help Advance System Transformation
- Building and Mantaining a Diverse and Robust Network of Providers in a Self-Determination Model of Support
- A Collaborative Approach to Teaching Budget Authority and Employer of Record Responsibilities
- The Utilization of Peers in a Self-Determination Model of Support